Karpovka


The House of Artists

The House of Artists, Literatorov Street

Celebrated etcher Dmitrii Mitrokhin frequented "the house of artists" that stands adjacent to the Karpovka Embankment (Literatorov Street, 19). This peculiar building was erected in 1904-1905 by E.P. Veinberg. Among its distinguished inhabitants and regular guests were Elena Guro, Pavel Filonov, his friend Nikolai Zabolotskii, and many others. Mitrokhin himself lived nearby on Bolshaia Pushkarskaia and strolled the banks of the Karpovka daily.

 

Next: Dmitrii Mitrokhin - a brief biography»

«Back: Maria Savina - her roles onstage